How do I request a channel not currently carried on my channel lineup?
Channel requests assist the decision making process when we are able to add or change a channel lineup.
What do I do if I am having problems receiving channels?
- - Go to your TV’s main setup menu and make sure that it is in the Cable (CATV mode), not TV, Air or Antenna.
- - Is your TV skipping channels?
- - Auto-Program your TV – go into the TV main menu and look for an option to ‘Auto-Tune’ or ‘Auto-Program’.
How do I order a PPV movie?
- - Go to one of the PPV listings menus; highlight the program you want to order, then press OK.
- - Highlight the preferred start time, and then press OK.
- - Highlight Confirm, and then press OK. NOTE: If you have a purchase code set, you will be asked to enter it here in place of highlighting "Confirm".
- - A reminder will automatically be set for the ordered PPV program. Tune to the program within the designated time window for the program to actually be purchased.
What is the difference between coaxial cable and fiber optic cable?
Coaxial cable is pure copper or copper-coated wire bounded by insulation with an aluminum casing used to transmit television, telephone and data signals. Fiber optic cable is used to send the same types of signals but carry much wider bands of frequencies using very thin, pliable tubes of glass or plastic.
How does Charter Communications choose the networks it carries?
Some of the factors are price, subscriber request, ratings, financial availability of the company that is offering the channel, availability of open channels on our cable system, and whether or not there are comparable channels on our lineup.
Will Charter Communications install extra outlets if I’m a renter?
Yes, but you will need to get written permission from your landlord authorizing Charter Communications to do the installation.